We’re all filled with holiday cheer this time of year. While there may be a few Grinches out there, for most of us this is a happy time full of parties, desserts, and a well deserved break from school. You probably have big plans to plop on the couch with a plate of chocolate chip cookies and a glass of milk or maybe gingerbread men and eggnog. Whatever your favorite holiday treat is, did you know that Americans consume more calories during November and December than any other time of the year? We don’t mean to be the bearers of bad news, but sadly it’s true. And we all know what calories and couch potatoes lead to – a very out of shape athlete! Well now that we’ve put a small damper on your holiday cheer, we’re going to redeem ourselves by revealing how easy it is for you to literally have your cake and eat it to…and stay in shape!
Luckily we live in a tech-savvy world. You don’t have to stress about finding a work out partner, hiring a trainer, or finding a work out plan that you can complete during your holiday break. Why not you ask? Because…there’s an app for that! Whether you’re Team iPhone or Team Droid, pick up your cell phone and get to work! Now, with just a few taps of your finger, you’ve got some of the hottest and most effective work out plans right on your phone or even your iPad or Tablet! Here are our top favorite fitness apps that help keep us in shape during the holiday season so we can pig out on all of those goodies!
- P90X – This app is one of the most rigorous workout programs available on your phone. You can track your body fat, nutrition journal, and even Tweet and Facebook your results!
- NIKE + GPS App – This app uses your phone’s GPS system to map out a personalized jogging route in real-time. It even cheers you on and encourages you to keep pushing through the workout!
- Bupa Fitness – This app is a four week workout plan that works to improve your flexibility, balance, core stability, and strength.
- iFitness App – This app offers over 100 exercises, videos, and routines that you can choose from to keep you in shape.
- Pocket Yoga App – This app has the most popular yoga moves and shows pictures and gives verbal instructions and feedback while you work out.