LHSAA Seeks Director of Digital Marketing, Media Relations and Communications
The Louisiana High School Athletic Association (LHSAA) has opened the search process for an administrative staff position as Media/Marketing Director. Home base for this position will be the LHSAA office in Baton Rouge. Primary responsibilities shall be defined by the Executive Director and will include but not limited to:
1. Manage and develop any/all LHSAA multi-media platforms, to include but not limited to:
- Published Content
- Social Media Campaigns
- Expanded Outreach
2. Manage and capture electronic database of newspaper, radio, TV media sources
3. Write, publish and/or manage press releases coming from the LHSAA office
4. Coordinate media requests for interviews as requested with the proper staff
2. Design, implement, and facilitate marketing strategies for the LHSAA
3. Produce customized partnership materials and ongoing working proposals
4. Attain and maintain media and partnership relations
6. Manage and facilitate television production
7. Event Management
- Media Credentials
- Post-Game Interview Room
- Press Room
Experience and Qualifications: The Media/Marketing Director of the LHSAA shall have a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications/Sports Administration or a combination thereof. It is highly recommended that the applicant have a background and knowledge of high school athletics. Experience preferred. The position requires a person with:
- Passion and strong demonstrated advocacy for interscholastic athletics; familiarity with challenges facing high school athletics today in Louisiana and sensitive to and understanding of its diverse populations and interests;
- Outstanding personal and professional qualities, including high ethical standards, integrity, courage, energy and sensitivity;
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with media, member schools, students and community groups;
- Organization management skills including ability to work on many tasks at one time; excellent communication skills (written, oral and listening) including the ability to make effective public presentations;
- Knowledge and validated experience in utilizing various types of technology
Terms: The Media/Marketing Director will be appointed for a term not to exceed one year. The renewed contractual agreement with the LHSAA shall be based upon a satisfactory yearly performance review conducted by the Executive Director and the results of which shall be reported to and received by the Executive Committee.
The Executive Director shall set the salary of the Media/Marketing Director with the LHSAA Budget’s and Finance Committee’s oversight. The position is a twelve-month position and the starting salary will be determined commensurate with experience and other related qualifications. See accompanying salary index. A comprehensive benefits plan is also provided and will be discussed in detail with successful candidates. Note: With the enhancement of ACT 75 of the Constitution of Louisiana, anyone employed by the LHSAA on or after July 1, 2011 shall not be allowed to participate in the Teacher’s Retirement System of Louisiana.
The LHSAA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
Application Process: Interested candidates may obtain an application packet by clicking HERE. The application period is Monday, March 20, 2017 through Wednesday, April 12, 2017. Completed applications must be sent to:
Boyer, Hebert, Ables & Angelles
1280 Del Este Avenue
Denham Springs, LA 70726
Attn: Mark Boyer, Esquire
Requirements for Application to be Considered:
- A completed application packet;
- Three (3) current letters of recommendation including one from a current supervisor;
- Current resume’;
- Three (3) references who may be contacted prior to final interviews;
- Inclusion of work, home and cellular telephone numbers and email addresses.
Deadline for Receiving Applications: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. Screening and interviewing of candidates will be conducted by the Executive Director in a timely manner. The new staff member will begin duties on or about July 1, 2017.
All applications will be treated with confidentiality. Applicants are requested not to contact any current member of the Louisiana High School Athletic Association Executive Committee for the purpose of influencing the selection. Applicants may contact the Executive Director for information about the position.