At the 2014 General Business Meeting, LHSAA principals approved the following amendment to Rule 4.1.3. At its March 26, 2014 meeting, the LHSAA Executive Committee issued an interpretation of the approved amendment regarding the definition of practice effective July 1, 2014. Click HERE for the UPDATED Interpretation of Practice.
Practice Regulations: Any practice shall be in accordance with the following regulations:
- Student-athletes shall not engage in more than three hours of practice activities on those days during which one practice is conducted.
- Student-athletes shall not engage in more than five hours of practice activities on those days during which more than one practice is conducted.
- The maximum length of any single practice session shall be three hours.
- On days when more than one practice is conducted, there shall be, at a minimum, two hours of rest/recovery time between the end of one practice and the beginning of the next practice. Rest/recovery time shall be defined as void of any team or individual activity including but not limited to weight training sessions, conditioning sessions, skull sessions, film sessions, or any other similar athletic session.
- Schools shall not schedule multiple practices on consecutive days and student-athletes shall not participate in multiple practices on consecutive days.