Applications will be accepted by mail to the attention of Keith Alexander, Asst. Executive Director of the Louisiana High School Athletic Association, 12720 Old Hammond Highway, Baton Rouge, LA 70816 until 3:00 p.m. Friday, March 24, 2017 for all Assignment Secretary Positions. Please find below an application for this position. After a screening process, an interview schedule will be posted and sent to all applicants that will be interviewed.
ASSIGNMENT SECRETARY JOB DESCRIPTION
- To serve as a liaison between the officials association, the local Principals’ Association, and the LHSAA
- Will report to the Director of Officials of the LHSAA
- Will be responsible to register, collect, and forward all dues and information
- Assist the Director of Officials with camps, recruitment, and retention of officials
- Assign all games for member schools
- Provide the Director of Officials with information and critiques of Officials
- Assist the Director of Officials with information concerning playoff crews
***NEW PROCEDURE FOR OFFICIALS REGISTRATION***
All Officials are required to Register with Arbiter Sports in order to officiate for the 2016-17 Season. Each official is responsible to submit their registration online by the deadline date for each sport. Instructions are listed below:
High school graduation shouldn't have to end your involvement with high school athletics. Have you been away from the game for awhile or never have had experience as an official? You can become an official by joining a local officials' association sanctioned by the Louisiana High School Athletic Association.
Benefits to Officiating:
- Earn extra income
- Learn more about the sport you love
- Become physically fit
- Make new friends
- Become a positive influence in a young person's life
- Flexible hours
- Give back to the community
For more information contact the Assignment Secretary in your area of the sport(s) you are interested in officating, found under the Officials Association's column to the left.
No Upcoming Events