Procedures for Registering Coaches and Obtaining Coaching Cards
To register coaches for the current school year, the school's principal must follow these steps:
- Login to LHSAA Members' Only Website at www.lhsaaonline.org. using assigned user name and password and click Start.
- Click on the tab labeled “COACHES” on the ribbon at the top of the page.
- The school’s roster of coaches will appear on the page that opens.
- If the coach will be at your school for the current year, click on the EDIT button and review and update all information on the coach, making sure that the email address is valid and working.
- If the coach is no longer at your school, click on the REMOVE button. If you do not remove coaches no longer at your school, they will appear in the Coaches' Directory as a coach for your school.
- If the coach is new to your school, click on the ADD button to the right side and complete all data requested on the information page.
To obtain coaching cards:
- For each coach who you wish to obtain a card for, you must click on the EDIT button for the coach and answer YES to the Coaches Association question, "Will this coach be a member of the Coaches' Association for the current school year?" Marking this question YES will make the coach appear on the invoice that will automatically generate on the CONFIRM page.
- After completing Step 1, go to the CONFIRM page, scroll to the bottom of the page, and print the invoice that appears. If a coach's name does not appear, check to be sure that YES has been answered to the Coaches' Association question.
- Send a copy of the invoice and a check made payable to the LHSCA in the appropriate amount to: 12720 Old Hammond Highway, Baton Rouge, LA 70816.
- Upon receipt of check and invoice, cards will printed and mailed to the school. NOTE: Principals and assistant principals do not pay for their cards. These cards are automatically sent when the coaches' cards for a school are printed.
To obtain a replacement coaching card, a principal must send letter stating reason for replacement, i.e., stolen or lost, and a check made payable to the LHSCA in the amount of $10.
If a coach leaves your school during the school year, please be sure to have the coach turn in his/her coach's card prior to leaving. The card should be destroyed and the coach should be REMOVED from your online coaching roster.
On or before October 15, the class assignments of all faculty coaches must be entered on the Members' Only website.