About the Coaches Association (LHSCA)
The Louisiana High School Coaches Association was created with the consent of a representative group of coaches and with the approval of the Louisiana High School Athletic Association. The LHSCA is a sub-group of the Louisiana High School Athletic Association, and all rules of the LHSAA must be observed by all member coaches. Please download the LHSCA Constitution for objectives and rules.
- • Emphasize the proper ideals of sportsmanship, ethical conduct and fair play.
- • Eliminate all possibilities which tend to destroy the best values of the game.
- • Stress the values derived from playing the game fairly.
- • Show cordial courtesy to visiting teams and officials.
- • Establish a happy relationship between visitors and hosts.
- • Respect the integrity and judgment of sports' officials.
- • Achieve a thorough understanding and acceptance of the rules of the game and standards of eligibility.
- • Recognize that the purpose of athletics is to promote the physical, mental, moral, social and emotional well being of the individual players.
- • Remember an athletic contest is only a game - not a matter of life or death for a player, coach, school, official, fan, community, state or nation.